Now these foreign countries I had heard about in our geography class were more than empty spaces on the map. I wanted to know more about them. Who were these people? What did they do when they were not playing in the World Cup?
How many cities have revealed themselves to me in the marches I undertook in the pursuit of books!
—Walter Benjamin (via observando)
- Satan: [appears]
- Satan: You can have anything you wan--
- Me: LANGUAGE.
- Satan: What?
- Me: GIVE ME EVERY LANGUAGE.
- Satan: What the--?
- Me: YOU SAID ANYTHING. GIVE ME EVERY LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD.
- Satan: Wouldn't you rather have love or money?
- Me: EVERY. LANGUAGE. MASTERY OF EVERY LANGUAGE. NOW.